Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Morning!

Daylight comes early this time of year. By 4:30 the birds are singing and I'm wide awake. Two more weeks of school and then it will be summer vacation for eight weeks. But this morning it’s time to get going,.. At 5:30 a.m. it's out to the kitchen for my jump start for the day, a glass of o.j. and then a banana and a slice of toast. I’ll spend time on the computer going through some of the forums and blogs that I read and post to every day.



Then it’s pick up things to be mailed, my wallet, car keys and bottle of water and it’s out the door! Today I’m mailing my old cell phone to be donated to a member of our troops in Iraq. No matter what our personal politics are, the men and women in harm’s way deserve our support.



When I get outside in the morning I always stop a few minutes and appreciate the sights and sounds. Beside my carport is a patch of wild daisies. I will let them finish blooming before I mow that area. The full length of my house (48') has a flower box along the foundation wall. It's mixed with perenniels and annuals.







By 7:00 a.m. it's time to back out of the carport and head out the driveway … it’s off to work!



No comments: