Friday, September 5, 2008

Do Elves Live Here?...

When I was a child I always believed that tiny elves lived under the toadstools and mushrooms that grew in the woods. At the end of my driveway is a elderly tree, nearing it's life's end. At its base is a whole city of "elf houses!"

I was surprised at the blueish tint in the photo. However, I did not alter it nor did I use any filter on the camera. It is green leaves, grey bark and soil,... all in the deep shade of late afternoon. I thought it turned out interesting!

2 comments:

adkkeb said...

Great shot...love the bluish tint... does your cat like to visit the "elf city?"

Beth Niquette said...

I love your Elvish village! I can see them there in my mind's eye. You have a great imagination, too!

Once I took some pictures of a merigold, and the lighting turned everything blue but the flower. It was the oddest thing. Maybe it was the time of evening--I'm just not sure, but I've never been able to duplicate it. It's the same blue I see here.

Just Beautiful!