Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Spruce Hill,....

For nearly ten years I drove to work via route 9N, which took me up and down Spruce Hill. Years ago it was a much narrower road and had a dip and a curve in the middle about half way down the hill. Before the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid it was changed into a very long, nearly straight highway. The view from the top and as you come down the hill is one I treasure, no matter the season or weather.


Yesterday it looked like this,...



Although I no longer make this trip on a daily basis, it is always a treat!

3 comments:

adkkeb said...

Still one of the prettiest views in Adirondacks... great shots!

Anonymous said...

That is really a nice view to have every day! I remember views like that from early childhood and still love to see them when I get into those areas. You have some beautiful country in your area!

Michele said...

WOW... it's a good thing that road doesn't have too many bends and curves because I'd be looking too much at the scenery to be concentrating at the road!! Beautiful area!