Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July!

Rather than head to town for a parade and crowds of people, my family and some friends headed for our own cabin an a pond not far from home. This view is of Lincoln Pond, with two of the Adirondack "High Peaks" across the water, Giant on the right and Rocky Peak Ridge to the left. It was a perfect day.


Some people were enjoying cruising slowly around the pond in a small "party barge"...

Here, members of my family are enjoy the little ones,...
My son takes some of the family out on a slow trip around the pond. I had already taken my trip out with the boat. This boat used to belong to me, and is now owned by my son after two owners in between. It's nice to have her back in the family.
Plenty of sun and fun with kayaks,...
Teenage granddaughter plays with the little ones in the water...

Four year old gets first kayak paddling lesson from her daddy....
I'm tipped back appreciating the perfect day and the blue sky and fluffy clouds...

Later, -- before a picnic supper, a walk along the old road through state land,...

The forest floor is a magical place, full of life. Here is Running Cedar,...

This huge rock is probably a glacial erratic, left behind when the glaciers receded,... it's the only one in the area.
New life springs up on an ancient stump,....
Like the new plant life, the new life of the little ones here today gives us hope on this holiday that our family will continue and prosper, just as our nation did more than 200 years ago. For this I am truely thankful. Happy 4th of July to everyone!

No comments: