Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Friend,...and more!

Here it is Friday again! Today my "view" is looking south to visit fellow blogger Corin's

"A Walk in The Park"

Corin describes herself and her blog as follows...

"people question with a somewhat negative connotation why a 30-something, mother of two with a full time career would want to take on a 4,000 foot mountain..Umm, yeah 46 of them..anyway, it is called creating a little space in my extremely busy life that is just for me. and my dad cause he gets to do this with me. I have never viewed myself as anyone inspirational..unless you call motivating people to be law abiding inspirational? I hope my postings will show that it's okay to do something unexpected, for yourself and "just because".

So stop by and check out this young woman's take on life here in the Adirondack Park. I think you will enjoy her.

And now the "and more!" part of the post. Corin has tagged me for "7 Weird or Random" things about myself. Goodness where to begin! Here goes, not weird, but definitely random:

1. I like to eat bear! Being raised by a father who was a hunter, I grew up thinking that everyone ate venison, bear, partridge, etc.
2. I own every episode and all the follow-up movies for the Canadian tv series "North of 60."
3. About twice a year I have my favorite drink, ... "martini, extra dry, on the rocks, with a twist,...Tanguaray!"
4. I love high school basketball games.
5. I basically grew up in a rowboat on Lincoln Pond. My father gave me one of my own at a very early age, as soon as I proved that I could swim.
6. Favorite winter breakfast is cream of wheat with brown sugar.
7. I have been known to attend as many as eight different county fairs in one summer.

So there you have it Corin,... and now I'll tag:
Mountain Musings
Miss Flower
Cabin and Camp
Vintage Log Cabin
Miss Green Thumb Jean

Have fun!

3 comments:

Melissa Weisbard said...

I can't say that I've ever eaten bear before. That is pretty interesting.

Jean said...

It's fun to get to know you better by your wierd things. I've done this before but should be able to come up with more!lol! Thanks for the tag. Jean

Laurie and Chris said...

Thanks for the tag. We are working on it. It may be after Chrismas before we get it posted.